GET A HANDLE ON SERVING
The Shank is an all-rounder. As a serving paddle it won’t leave you up the creek and, even though it’s not made from willow, it could serve you well when facing a spin bowler coming round the hills hoist. However, it feels most at home when laden with antipasto, dips (sheep, of course), fruit pastes and cheese, cheese and more cheese.
Crafted by hoof* The Shank is made from ethically sourced red ironbark and plantation grown sugar gum, from Central Victoria, Australia.
*Ok so it’s crafted by hand, by a bloke, named Doug. With his hands.
|Dimensions||400 x 165 x 15 mm|
Red Iron Bark with Sugar Gum Strip, Sugar Gum with Red Iron Bark Strip
|Handle Colour Options||
White Coral, Slate Grey, Sky Blue, Prussian Blue, Teal Green, Daisy Yellow, Charcoal, Turquoise, Mint
Oiling your board
We recommend oiling your board fortnightly for the first month, monthly for the next six months and then every three months.
Use coconut oil or grape-seed oil — available at most supermarkets.
Cleaning your board
It’s important to clean your board regularly to avoid lingering bacteria, we recommend using a mix of salt and lemon.
1. Rinse the board under warm water
2. Sprinkle coarse salt all over the surface
3. Squeeze the juice from half of a lemon onto the board
4. Use a small scrubbing brush to work the salt and lemon into the board, this helps get rid of any residual food and sanitizes the board
5. Rinse the board under hot water
6. Wipe dry with one of our lambtastic tea towel’s
7. Let the board dry in an upright position
Note: The Shank is a serving paddle, not a utility board, so don’t go chopping, slicing or dicing on the handle otherwise you’ll scratch the buggery out of it!